In this edition of Real People, the Glamourbox team was able to interview model, TV host, interior stylist, blogger, and mom of two, Marilen Faustino-Montenegro, who shares with us her beauty secrets!
1. With all your accomplishments as a model, host, interior stylist, and mom, what achievements are you most proud of?
I would say that my best achievements have been finishing interior design projects like a series of model units from conceptualization to finish and landing hosting jobs for television shows. I consider my children blessings rather than achievements.
2. Where do you find inspiration in curating furniture and designing a home?
I love browsing through Pinterest and other websites or blogs and find inspiration from photos that speak to me. This has become my “me time”— browsing time on the web, be it on my desktop or iPhone. I also do a lot of research online, deliberately pursuing the search engines if I am looking for something specific.
3. How do you define your personal style?
I would say my personal fashion style is casual but classy. I like wearing skinny jeans or leggings with an elegant, classy statement top, earrings, and heels. Work-wear would be leggings, a plain colored shirt, and sneakers. On some special days, I wear a skirt and top with accessories. I go for plain colors and less print too. My style icons are Olivia Palermo and Audrey Hepburn.
4. What does your daily beauty regimen look like?
At night, a cleanse with Pond’s facial wash, tone then apply moisturizer or treatment plus eye cream. I alternate between Obagi Blander+ tretinoin, Nuxe Products, and Murad Products. During the day I wash my face, apply sunscreen then use makeup. Mostly Happy Skin, MAC, and Pixi products.
5. What is your one beauty indulgence?
I get weekly home massages for 1.5 hours.
6. Best beauty secret that you learned from your mom?
Store liquid makeup and cream in the refrigerator.
7. Best beauty discovery from abroad?
Embryollesse creme Moisturizer. Mild but hydrates. I use it when I am looking for something quick to apply.
8. Beauty item you can’t live without?
ZZ Cream from Happy Skin.
9. Who is your beauty / style icon and why?
Olivia Palermo. I love her style and can relate to her physique. My legs and body are long like hers so most of those cuts fit me. Wish I were as gorgeous as her, too.
10. One word that best describes you.