Hey, Glambabes! Who among you are addicted to Instagram?
Instagram has definitely become a huge social networking site, and has even surpassed Twitter! It’s a channel for us to show little snippets of our life and our lifestyle! Check out what the Glamourbox Team loves posting about, and who they follow. Watch out for some tips on taking better Instagram photos as well!
Fatima, Model/Celebrity Makeup Artist/Contributor (@fatimarabago)
- I post mostly about my work, travels and family life.
- I don’t follow celebrities. Just friends and people I know through work. I do follow healthy lifestyle, cooking and workout accounts to get inspired. Oh, and shoes!!!
- Just spread good and nice energy through your pictures and it will look nice.
Ria, Celebrity Makeup Artist/Contributor (@reaaquino)
- I usually post my makeup work and random snapshots from my food musings and travel. I like to share with people what I do, what I enjoy, what I think is beautiful or what I think is funny or interesting.
- I follow a lot of people from the beauty and fashion industry, in both local and international scene, such as makeup artists Gela Laurel, Rae Morris, Pat Mc Grath, Patti Dubroff; also personalities who I find inspirational with their good taste such as Negin M, Agoo Bengzon,
- Try uploading 3 photos of the same theme at a time so that your IG page will look consistent in every row. It’s quite tough to sustain though, but it sure looks nice! 😉 No matter how the photos look, having a bit of wit and humour behind the photos will surely make it look nice.
Kira, Business Consultant (@kirasworld)
- My Instagram has always been a personal extension of my blog. Since most products featured on my blog are sponsored, I’d like my readers to be able to take a peek at the life of the [crazy] person behind the blog. I mostly post snaps from my travels, organic/natural skin care discoveries abroad, pretty interiors and artwork, food (no surprise there), my funny [mis]adventures, and of course photos of my pets!
- I follow @ecobeautyvivi (a Singapore-based eco beauty blogger who is now a good friend), @IvankaTrump (she’s not only gorgeous and a smart entrepreneur, but she’s a very hands-on mom, too!), @aClothesHorse (love her vintage style), and @NatGeo.
- Explore and experiment with filters until you find the one. I always prefer to have a specific theme going on because I’m not a fan of yellowish vintage filters. I had a pink/purple phase once when all of my photos had a pinkish tinge, but now I’m sticking with clean and crisp photos that are slightly washed out.
PBee, Intern (@pbeeeebp)
- I post selfies when the makeup game is strong, but I mostly post a picture of what I think is the ‘highlight’ of that day for me.
- I follow StyleNanda, 3CE, BH Cosmetics, Lex of MadeULook, and Weylie Hoang for fashion and makeup, and as for celebrities, I follow mostly members of bands (30STM, P!ATD, FOB, etc.) and actors and actresses of TV Shows I watch.
- Personally, I think a good IG photo is ‘good’ because of the composition of the photo: the angle, the items in it, and the lighting; but most importantly, how others can relate to your photo! Take a photo of something that others will understand and add a caption that others would also think of when they see your photo!
Gretchen, Marketing Manager (@gretchengatan)
- My Instagram is patterned after my blog, Greta’s Junkyard, which is a “dump of all my favorite things.” So it’s mostly makeup, food, and travel shots. Oh, and you will see A LOT of my dog, Booboo!
- I don’t follow much celebrities—only Megan Hess (she’s a fashion illustrator) and Georgina Wilson (because I have a slight girl crush on her). I also follow Benefit Cosmetics because their posts are so cute!
- I wrote an article before on tips to improve your Instagram photos. One thing I can say is choose your filters wisely!
Angel, PR and Social Media Manager (@pinkoolaid)
- I’m an unapologetic camwhore.
- I stalk Alisa Ueno (Japanese Fashion Icon) and the DollsKill models.
- Camera 360? Hahaha! Always angle your camera from top at the side to make your eyes bigger and slim your face.
Lia, CEO (@liandrearamos)
- I post about travel, beauty, and things that make me happy!
- I follow @songsofstyle, @parisinfourmonths, @biancaelizalde, @mindykaling, and tons of makeup gurus.
- Think of photos in squares, and stick with one look and feel. Other than that, post whatever makes you happy!