Talented makeup artist and entrepreneur, Cathy Cantada-Dizon, shares with us her well-kept beauty tips & tricks plus her favorite beauty indulgences.
1. When and how did you get involved in the beauty industry?
I started doing makeup professionally back in 2005 🙂 I really loved doing my own makeup and my husband (my boyfriend at that time) noticed my passion with makeup. He’s in advertising and works with a lot of makeup artists for his photo shoots. He thought I’d enjoy being a makeup artist, good thing I listened to him then. Haha! I love my job, thanks to Dante. Haha!
2. You trained at the prestigious Glauca Rossi School of Fashion & Photographic Make-up in London, UK. Please share with us some of the well-kept beauty tips & tricks you’ve learned while studying there.
I learned so much during those 3 months in London. I learned about balance, the balance between beauty and creativity. I learned that if you don’t need to conceal anything, don’t. Never start makeup without cleansing, toning and moisturizing.
3. What is your most memorable makeup project to date?
My most memorable project would probably be Azure of Century Properties where I did Paris Hilton’s makeup for her photo shoots when she came to Manila back in 2011 and early this year. it was so surreal. It was liking working on a Barbie doll. Love her 🙂
4. What does your daily beauty regimen look like?
I try to keep my beauty regimen quick and simple so I won’t be lazy to do them every morning and evening. I cleanse, tone and moisturizer in the morning. And in the evening I remove all my makeup with a makeup remover, then cleanse, tone, scrub (twice a week), and moisturize.
5. What’s your one beauty indulgence?
A body scrub using natural ingredients 🙂
6. Any beauty secret your learned from your Mom?
Oh, I know for sure I got this passion for makeup from my mom! She loves makeup as well and we both can’t leave the house without makeup on, haha! My mom would always tell me, if you have no time to do the rest of your face, just apply lipstick and you’ll already look “done”.
7. What is/are your must-have beauty products?
Eye of Horus Black Eyeliner to open up my eyes. Shu Uemura’s Eyelash Curler. Waterproof Mascara. The Body Shop’s Vitamin E Moisture Cream. Shu Uemura’s Cleansing Oil to remove my makeup every night. Lip balm.
8. Best beauty discovery from abroad?
My friend who used to live in China gave me this lip balm called DHC lip cream. I love it. It contains olive oil to keep my lips hydrated. Can’t live without it 🙂
9. Where is your summer destination this year and what are you bringing to this trip?
I just came from Bohol with my husband and son. I brought my waterproof eyeliner from Eye of Horus and when I went swimming, it didn’t smudge at all. Haha! I also brought my favorite Heart Shrine Oil (discovered this product at The Yogi Fair), it’s virgin coconut oil infused with ylang ylang. I used this in the evening to keep my sun-kissed skin hydrated and moisturized.
10. One word that best describes you?