Cool and sophisticated Hindy Weber-Tantoco tells us about transitioning from glam city life to her more organic and serene farmland in Laguna. She talks about her favorite beauty discoveries as well as her booming business, Holy Carabao.
1. You are a model, designer, wife, mother, and entrepreneur – which role excites you the most?
The excitement in each facet is different. But being a mother gives me the ultimate joy.
2. What made you start Holy Carabao?
We wanted to grow our own food, food we could trust. We wanted to live better and somehow give back to the world and one way was through farming. We started in our backyard and it just grew into a business out of demand.
3. What is sustainable living to you and how do you practice it at home with your kids?
To me, it is about living holistically and that’s why we called Holy Carabao a Holistic Farm. It’s always looking at the small picture, big picture and everything in between simultaneously and interdependently. Our vision can’t be shortsighted or compartmentalized.
4. What were the perks/adjustments/obstacles of moving from the bustling city to your farm in Sta. Elena?
The most difficult was the initial travel time but now we have grown accustomed to it. The city is a mere 45 minutes away but it feels worlds apart. We also have had to employ more staff living on a farm. The perks are living amidst nature and all the splendor that brings. Most of all, seeing my children learn and grow in a natural, holistic way.
5. What does your daily beauty regimen look like?
I use a non-drying cleanser such as the ones from Human Nature, plus Pond’s Pimple Clear White Acne Facial Wash once a week. I use Jurlique Toner, Heliocare Ultra SPF 90 Gel to protect my skin from the harsh rays of the sun, and Pond’s Miracle Day Cream.
6. What’s your one beauty indulgence?
I really can’t live without home massages with Weleda oils.
7. Any beauty secret that you learned from your mom?
Don’t overpluck your eyebrows and don’t do any plastic surgery.
8. What is/are your must-have beauty product (s)?
9. Best beauty discovery from abroad?
10. Where is your summer destination this year and what are you bringing to this trip?
We are planning to go to Siem Reap, Amanpulo, Tokyo, and California. We have lots to bring since we are going as a family!