Learn more about Miss Universe 2013 3rd Runner-up Ariella Arida’s makeup secrets and best beauty discoveries.
1. How did you end up joining the Binibining Pilipinas pageant and how has winning one of the titles changed your life?
It has been a silent dream for me and when the opportunity came, I didn’t let it pass. From having an unknown provincial life, I became an open-book to everyone. The attention I received was overwhelming, and yet the people I met along the way were truly inspiring. I felt blessed that the events I had to participate in were all unforgettable and I was starting to become an inspiration to everyone especially to the young ones who look up to me.
2. What career would you like to pursue after your stint as Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 2013 winner?
I really don’t have a specific plan right now. But having this go-getter attitude makes me embrace all the opportunities that may come after my reign. Whatever comes my way, I will definitely pursue it.
3. What does your daily beauty regimen look like?
My daily regimen is very simple, I make sure I wash my face and remove any trace of makeup before going to sleep. Proper hydration everyday is key and as much as possible getting enough sleep.
4. What’s your one beauty indulgence?
I religiously go to nail spas like Nailaholics. I’ve always loved getting my nails done, and my shade of choice is always gel polish in nude for both hands and feet.
5. Any beauty secret that you learned from your mom?
Use chilled cucumber to alleviate eye bags.
6. What is/are your must-have beauty product (s)?
I can’t leave the house without my MAC Studio Fix, Prestige Eyeliner, MAC lipstick, Rice Paper Oil Control Film from Beauty Bar and blush from NARS.
7. Best beauty discovery from abroad?
I discovered this the blue green eye liner that Latinas were using, I forgot the brand but the product was really good. I also discovered a Korean electric eyelash curler where the heat helps curl the lashes better.
8. What useful makeup trick(s) did you learn from being a beauty queen?
For a smoother, even finish, apply your foundation towards the direction of hair growth. Swipe shimmery white shadow on the inner corners of your eyes in a sideways V shape to catch light. This helps give you a wide-eyed look. To achieve a slimmer nose, swipe a streak of highlighter down the center of your nose bridge. This make the sides of the nose appear darker and slimmer.
9. Where is your summer destination this year and what are you bringing to this trip?
I’m definitely heading to Boracay and I’ll be bringing my tanning lotion and moisturizer, lip balm, hair spray, colorful bikinis and summer dresses.
Image credits: Rappler.com, www.missuniverse.com