I’ve always been a fan of VMV Hypoallergenics. It is amazing how Laura Verallo-Bertoto has single-handedly re-vamped her mom’s local brand from the 1980s. They always had great products, and with the amazing marketing makeover, the brand has now gone global. I love the witty names and product descriptions of the products, plus the amazing packaging as well. The brand’s story is so inspiring and makes me proud to be a Filipino!
What is it?
This unique, skin-safe, coconut-derived monoglyceride is superbly simple, but packs one powerhouse of a skin-protective and therapeutic punch. It treats the fungus that causes sweat acne (pityrosporum folliculitis), and is an impressive overall, broad-spectrum topical anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-protozoal treatment.
In clinical studies, this gel had a success rate of 100% when treating sweat acne, while keeping skin cooler, preventing over-sweating, and therefore preventing recurrence.Unlike less skin-friendly anti-acne antibiotics and anti-fungals, this gel showed 0% irritation.
INGREDIENTS: Alcohol, Aqua/Water/Eau, GlycerylLaurate, Glycerine, Carbomer, and Triathalomine.
How to use it?
FOR ACNE CAUSED BY SWEAT – Apply with a cotton pad onto back, knees, arms, neck or any other sweaty parts of the body.
FOR FACE OR BODY ACNE – Apply gently with a cotton pad only on affected areas, carefully avoiding eyes, nose, and mouth.
FOR SHINE CONTROL – Apply a thin layer on bare skin or underneath makeup to avoid a shiny face (for very oily skin types).
My personal tips:
1. Do a skin test first – This product is quite potent so use sparingly and only on affected areas. Test the product on your hand or arm first before using to make sure it is for you.
2. A little goes a long way – Again this product is quite strong, just use an ample amount each time.
3. Store properly – Make sure to store away from direct heat or sunlight at this product is very volatile and sensitive. Keep away also from children.
4. Good for use on knees and elbows – I don’t really have acne prone skin so I used this on my knees and elbows. After a few days, the skin visibly lightened and smoothed!
5. For really bad acne – Consult your dermatologist first to be safe.
Now I understand what the fuss is all about on the VMV ID Monolarurin Gel. It is an amazing product that can be used different ways. Just make sure you use it correctly.
Your Purveyor of Beauty,
VANESSA aka #thevainmama