2. Stellar by Incubus – Not a typical song you would hear in a wedding (it’s by Incubus after all). But it’s one of their more mellow songs, with lyrics that encapsulate a really beautiful kind of love.
3. The Way You Look Tonight – It’s a bit cliche, but this song is a classic and can be played for either the father and bride dance, or the bride and groom’s first dance.
3. I’ll Cover You in Rent (reprise) – This version is both heartbreaking and sweet. To offer one’s self to be the other’s shelter is the ultimate gift you can give 🙂
Paoie, our PR and Marketing Officer
1. I Knew I Loved You by Savage Garden – A sweet song that I have cherished since childhood. I remember telling myself that this will be my song for my future husband (Yup, I can be sentimental like that).
2. Canon in D by Pachelbel – Cliche I know, but this song was played in one of my well-loved scenes from My Sassy Girl, my favorite movie! I want to somehow emulate that scene in my own wedding 😛
3. Tadhana by Up Dharma Down – This was played during the wedding of my boyfriend’s brother, sung by Armi, the UDD vocalist, herself! I want a song with that vibe on my own wedding too 🙂
1. Seasons of Love from Rent – This was the song our entourage marched to. Felt it was fitting as we had a winter-themed wedding in Hong Kong. The melody is just so catching and the words really resonated in my heart.
2. You’re Beautiful by James Blunt – An instrumental live pipe organ version of the song played as I made by bridal walk down the aisle. The song’s words are actually about unrequited love but it was a song that played often when my husband and I were dating. We had a very colorful courtship so it really brought back memories 🙂
3. Sa ‘Yo Lamang (Mass Song) – This played during communion. It was the one song my husband insisted on. I love also that it’s a constant reminder that our marriage involves 3 parties – my husband, me and God.
How about you, what will your wedding songs be? Share them with us! 🙂