I have been very curious about the whole BB Cream phenomenon (there are even CC creams now). In my opinion, BB Creams are basically just tinted moisturizers which are amplified with SPF and other skin benefits and then re-marketed by beauty companies as the new “IN” thing in skincare. That being said, it is worth trying for sure.
Over the past few months, I have been trying many different brands in the market, and the best ones so far have been those made in Korea. The Koreans (like the Japanese) are known for their clear skin which they attribute to their Asian skin care routine, also called the “layering”method.
So in line with this, let me tell you about the latest product I have tested for Glamourbox, the HeyNature Black Diamond SPF35++/PA++ Moist Tightening Blemish Base. This is an amazing organic brand they discovered from Korea. I can honestly say that out of ALL the BB Creams I have been trying, this BB cream is hands down the BEST FOR ME.
Reasons why I love the HeyNature Black Diamond SPF35++/PA++ Moist Tightening Blemish Base:
1. Packaging & concept– The sleek and sexy shape of the bottle is so apt with the enticing name “BB Black Diamond”. The simple elegance attracted me instantly. It made me feel like I had a beauty gem on my vanity table!
2. Moist tightening benefit –Aside from giving a moist dewy finish, the HeyNature Black Diamond BB Cream has a wonderful tightening sensation that helps with my anti-aging concerns. I just turned 35 and this is an important plus for me.
3. SPF35/PA++ – This product offers UVA & UVB broadspectrum protection from the sun, very important in our topical country.
4. Texture and color tone – The texture of the product is very light and the color blended naturally with my skin. I have a moderate morena complexion with pinkish undertones (for reference, I use MAC NW25 concealer). Most korean BB creams are formulated for fair skinned women but the HeyNature Black Diamond BB Cream blended easily with my Filipina skintone. I feel it’s a perfectly universal shade that can be controlled with the amount of product you use.
#THEVAINMAMA SECRET TIPS FOR BEST RESULTS:
1. Only use a pea-sized amount for your face and neck
Using a small amount ensures that you don’t have a “kabuki” face and the BB cream will blend much easier with your natural skin tone. Don’t forget to blend up to your neck for an even finish.
2. Use a serum instead of a moisturizer underneath the BB Cream
I tried using it different ways (with a moisturizer underneath/no moisturizer) and finally discovered the winning formula is using a serum underneath! I used the Estee Lauder Perfectionist serum.
3. Apply HeyNature Natural Moisture Lotion after make-up for an added glow
I’ve also been trying the HeyNature Natural Moisture Lotion & Eye Cream (stay tuned for my upcoming reviews). If you apply a thin coat of moisturizer ON TOP of your make up this adds a natural glowing finish!
4. Use the BB Cream only when you have a long day ahead
I do not use a BB cream everyday. I try to let me skin rest when possible. But for long days (especially if you are a working mom), this BB cream is a perfect make-up base and keeps you looking fresh all day long.
The HeyNature Black Diamond SPF35++/PA++ Moist Tightening Blemish Base is a winner. It is only P1,300 and available at the www.glamourbox.ph boutique. If used properly, it can last for 1-2 months. GRAB ONE NOW! 🙂