Sometimes, it’s important for us to go away for awhile to recharge and recuperate. Some head to the beach on the weekends to surf, some go on a relaxing and well-deserved spa retreat.
Last month I went on my first roadtrip for 2013. I went out with a bunch of my girlfriends and decided to spend two days in chilly Tagaytay, just to get away from hot Manila.
The trip was rather “impromptu” and though I didn’t have enough time decide what to wear, I was able to grab a few of my summer essentials. Let me share them with you below:
1. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel – For oily-skinned ladies, this is a godsend as it effectively hydrates skin without leaving it greasy. It’s perfect for our tropical weather as the gel formulation is cooling on the skin and makes a great base for makeup, too. You can find a sample of the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel in your Holiday Glow (December) Glamourbox.
2. Travalo Classic – Jetsetters will get a kick out of this ingenious invention. Who wants to lug around a large bottle of their favorite perfume? With Travalo, you can conveniently and easily decant your prized perfumes in seconds. Here’s a quick how-to on how to transfer your perfume into your Travalo atomizer. You can also click here to purchase your own.
3. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ – This is my favorite sunblock as it effectively protect your skin from harsh outdoor and indoor lights. The scent reminds me of the beach, too!
4. Speculoos Cookie Butter – Everyone begged me to bring my jar of Cookie Butter, so I did! Have you tried this magical spread?
5. Obagi Nu-Derm Foaming Gel – If you’re away for a couple of days, it makes sense to bring pint-sized versions of your favorite skin care products. TheObagi Nu-Derm Foaming Gel lathers quickly and removes dirt, oil and excess makeup. Find a sample in your Holiday Glow (December) Box.
6. Clinique DermaWhite Bright-C Liquid Makeup with SPF 38 PA+++ – A hardworking liquid foundation that offers medium translucent coverage. It has a watery texture that works well with oily skin.
7. Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk – I double cleanse everyday to remove makeup before I lather my face with facial wash. I just apply Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk to a piece of cotton, wipe it gently on my face and then wash my face with my cleanser of choice. Read more about double cleansing here.
What are your travel essentials? Share them with us!