This May, we honor the inspiring moms in our midst! Co-Owner of Stella by Tala and former PR manager of Louis Vuitton Philippines Vanessa Mayuga-Santos gives us a sneak-peek of her beauty must-haves and the best beauty advice she can give her daughter, Stella.
As a fellow beauty junkie, Van has recently joined the fab Glamourbox Team as one of the lovely contributors of Glamourblog. Woot!! Watch out for her product reviews and more here at Glamourblog.
1. When did you start you start your new clothing line “Stella” and how did you get into it?
“Stella by TALA” was born from a simple request from Stella, my 3 year old daughter for “dresses like mama”. (My cousin Mavis Manotoc-Fuentebella started “TALA Manila” about 3 years ago and I’ve lived in her dresses while I was still working and through both my pregnancies. They are basic, easy pieces in classic styles and wonderful fabrics.)
Last January, when I finally decided to be a full time mom, Stella’s request turned into a full blown project that Mavis and I have collaborated on with LOVE 🙂 “Stella By TALA” is a collection of the best styles of TALA Manila tailored for girls 3-10 years old… We are now working on developing unique dresses that convert to tops that will “grow with the girls”. We believe in quality pieces that are good investments as well.
2. As the former PR Manager of Louis Vuitton Philippines, what was the best perk you had working for LV?
The best perk was being able to work with the most passionate and dynamic group of people both here in Manila and in the HK Regional PR office. It was truly inspiring and I learned so much about what true luxury entails.
3. What does your daily beauty regimen look like?
– Morning: Wash face, day moisturizer with SPF, BB cream (just started with this), and eye cream.
– Evening: Wash face, night serum, moisturizer, and eye cream.
– Am TOO LAZY to use a toner (and I honestly feel its an unnecessary step and is just for added sales)
– For the day: eyebrow definer, concealer, mascara, blush and gloss.
– For the night: Add eyeliner, shadow or highlighter and lipstick to day makeup.
4. What’s your one beauty indulgence?
A good haircut and color by Stefan of Basement Salon every 4 months. A profession cut is really worth the expense.
5. Any beauty secret that you learned from your mom?
My mom is my total opposite. She does not even use make up or moisturizer no matter how hard I try to convince her… But she always taught me that being a kind person makes you beautiful.
Van wearing her favorite dress by TALA and pumps by Dries Van Noten
6. What are your must-have beauty products?
a. A good moisturizer and eye cream – (Am currently loving TONY MOLY Snail Cream. Perfect light texture for the summer, really works, and is good value for money.)
b. A good concealer (MAC Studio Fix N25 has been my best friend since high school.)
c. A good eyebrow palette to highlight and balance your face. (Using Shiseido now but it’s been discontinued already. Just found a great replacement from MAC that can also be used as an eyeshadow).
d. A Hydrating Mist to freshen up through out the day (I love MUSTELA Skin Refresher and MAC Mineralized Hydrating Mist.)
e. A signature fragrance. (Currently using MUSTELA Musti cologne for the day and JO MALONE Lime, Basil, and Mandarin mixed with Blackberry and Bay for evening.)
f. Rotating a good SHAMPOO and CONDITIONER every 3-4 days. (This is my one obsession. I have too many to name but my current favorite is ZENNUTRIENTS Gugo Shampoo and Conditioner; I just bought 1 liter bottles of each!!)
7. Best beauty discovery from abroad?
SASA Beauty shops – They have the exact same brands in the department stores at 20% less the price. You just need to already know what you want and ask for additional discounts.
8. What’s the best beauty advice you can give to your daughter, Stella?
As a kid – don’t try to grow up too fast. Run, laugh, and play. The simple joys of childhood make you beautiful…
When she turns 25 – start using moisturizer every night, drink lots of water, and never fall asleep with your make up on.
9. Who are your design inspirations?
The designs of “Stella by TALA” are done mostly by Mavis and our production consultant. I contribute more in terms of PR, marketing and business development. That being said, we get our inspiration from the kids themselves and strive to create dresses they will love and enjoy.
10. One word that best describes you?
HAPPY. That’s all I pray for and strive to be each day.